Nov 9, 2010

Night Scene

This scene is where I got my blog banner. It's the same from my last post Lomo. I got a bit crazy that's why I rendered it the way it is now. Well it's a personal challenge. I needed something to tinker. Anyway, a night render was something that was in my to-do list. Thought this was an interesting set for such and a photo from a magazine where two light bulbs are laid on a parquet floor just caught my imagination and got stuck in my head.
Wired!
Click for higher resolution.

Here is the out-of-the-box 3dsmax mental ray render. It is already a very good output coming directly from a render engine. A glow(lume) was added to the camera effect rollout in the render settings dialog in this one.
Click to enlarge.

For the final "photo" look; tweaked curves, some chromatic aberration, vignette, selective blurring for a little depth of field and unsharp mask. Viola!
 I'll be posting the light settings next time. Cheerios!

No comments:

Post a Comment